Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

Bucking..highway speeds..I drove it from work one Friday and it was

My car is bucking like a horse. It seems to go away at highway speeds. I drove it from work one Friday and it was fine. It sat in the garage all weekend. Monday, it started bucking as soon as I started the engine. Once, a put it in Neutral and revved the engine and the bucking went away for about 30 miles. What should I check before bringing it into the dealer? Janet
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.

Hi there!You may need new plug wires.With the car running,try spraying a little water on the plug wires.If they are bad,you should be able to see spark arcing from the wires.Normally this should also cause the check engine light nto come on as well.If the light is on already,Autozone will check it for codes for free.This may tell you which cylinder is misfiring and xausing the problem.Hope this helps!Thanks