JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

1997 Jeep Cherokee: spark plug..Litre..distributor cap..the plug wires

I need to know the spark plug firing order for a 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Litre. I put a new distributor cap on and I did not get the plug wires hooked into the distributor cap in tje proper sequence.
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Here is the firing order you requested.
graphic
Try sliding the wire out of the boot some, so it sticks out farther. Then attach them to the Cap plugs.
graphic
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)