Donny
Donny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998
8425921

how do you rewire a 700r4 transmission to work in a older hotrod

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Hello,Your best bet for info is phoenix transmission .com.I have had several transmissions built there and they certaintly know there stuff.You can make a 7oor manual without the computer also.Thanks for your questin.Roger
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to roger's Post: I do not want my transmission rebuilt, I am trying to find out how to rewire it with out the computer so it will shift properly, trans shops do not want to tell you anything so they can do the work, I want to do the work myself not someone else, the first time i did a transmission i went to a shop and asked and they told me to bolt the converter on first before you put the tranny in place so i learned my lesson there, I want to do the job myself
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.

I know you dont want it rebuilt.These guys can tell you what to do to insure that it is wired properly and that the pressure is correct for fourth gear.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to roger's Post: I thought i was getting an answer to my question, instead you tell me to call a transmission shop, i dont need anyone to tell me that i thought this was just answers
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
ok.Trying to give info on the best situation for you so that the transmission doesnt fail.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
i want to put a 700r4 in a hot rod that did not originaly come in it. Hot rodders do this in cars such as 32 fords with chevy engines, what do i have to rewire in the trany so it shifts right, i understand about proper lock up for 3 & 4 gear so i do not burn it up, i donot want to put the distrbtr in with the wiring harness and solenoids, i m going for a clean look.
Expert:  Donny replied 9 years ago.
Donny, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: A.S.E. Master Technician, Over 25 years working in Chrysler dealers, Top tech DaimlerChrysler 1998