Brad
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
5135651

1998 HYUNDAI ACCENT GL: I NEED THE ECM PIN OUT CHART

Customer Question

I NEED THE ECM PIN OUT CHART FOR A 1998 HYUNDAI ACCENT GL   CAN NOT READ DATA FROM ECM AND NOT PASS EMI
Category: Car
Expert:  Brad replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer and welcome to JustAnswer.com!

Usually when you are unable to read data from the ECM, it's because the power fuse for the DLC (Diagnostic Connector) is blown. On many vehicles this is shared with the power point, or cigarette lighter socket, and can be blown due to loose change being dropped in there, a defective lighter, or an aftermarket accessory being plugged in.

Check fuse #5 in the interior fuse box (10 AMP) and let me know. Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hey thanks for replying, i was needing the actual values at the dlc connector, specifically the white and red wire , i have continuity from it to the ecu, all other wires (voltages and grounds) check out ok. i tried a brand new ecu from hyundai but still have no communication to the scan tool. i tried 3 different scan tools as well. was really hoping for a factory voltage pin out value.