Greg
Greg, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic 7 years
7288763

2008 Porsche Cayman: I remove the radio

Customer Question

How do I remove the radio from my 2008 Porsche Cayman? I don't have the Bose system.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 8 years ago.

Hi I hope this will help:

Remove the Bose subwoofer on the pass side if you have one, snap off the vent like thing to get to the screws.

Remove the screws in the lower front portion of the console side pieces, driver's may be under a carpet piece.

Remove the side pieces by pulling them toward you (toward the back of the car)

The radio is held in the rack by a quarter turn fastener thing on each side and a screw on the pass. side. Turn the fasteners (you can see them release) and remove the screw. It now just slides out.

If you disconnect the radio or climate control, you will probably get an error code.

If you are satisfied with this answer please accept, if not let me know if I can be of further assistance.