32dmadden, Auto Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified Master Technician, L-1 37 yrs. Auto Repair Experience

94 ford ranger: wont start..only new plugs air filter and timing belt

Customer Question

94 ford ranger wont start in cold weather only new plugs air filter and timing belt please help
Category: Car
Expert:  32dmadden replied 8 years ago.
The fuel pressure needs to be checked. Also check the fuel filter if it hasn't been replaced in the last 30,000 miles. Remove it and see if you can blow freely through it after the fuel is drained. Pressure is 30 psi to 45 psi. The engine coolant sensor needs to be checked also. At 68 degrees unplug the connector and with an ohm meter check across the terminals. It should read 37,300 ohms. At 176 degrees it will have 3840 ohms. Is there a check engine light on? If so the codes need to be pulled. I can send you a test to retrieve the codes without a scanner. Next time it is cold and it won't start spray some ether in the air cleaner. If it starts better then there is most likely a fuel issue. When it is warmed up and at an idle what is the manifold vacuum reading? Hope this helps you out. I'll be waiting to hear from you.