Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!

Clicking noise..blend door..96 or older and photos dont match what I

Customer Question

clicking noise...I'm sure it is the blend door from all the info I have seen, but all references have been to 96 or older and photos don't match what I see under my dash...
Category: Car
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.

If you are hearing a clicking noise when try to move between temperatures then the blend door motor is most likley at fault. If you hear no noise and can see the actuator move but have NO temp change the door itself is likley broken. In order to change the blend door you would need to remove the dash and the HVAC plenum. It is not a job I would recommend doing in the driveway!

Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.