Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.
3862310

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 6 years ago.
  • Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

This is a general procedure and applies to all models and types covered by the guide. A few steps may need to be slightly altered to comply with your particular vehicle.

• Disconnect the negative battery cable.

• On some models it is possible to remove the bulbs while the assembly is installed; check for access to the backside of the assembly. If the bulbs can be removed prior to removing the assembly, perform the following:

1. Grasp the bulb socket and twist it 1/4 turn clockwise. Pull the bulb and socket out of the light assembly.

2. Grasp the light bulb to be removed and gently press it in toward its socket.

3. While pressing the bulb in, turn the bulb counterclockwise until the two little knobs on the bulb base clear the channels in the socket.

4. Pull the bulb up and out of its socket.

• Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the front turn signal bezel retaining screws (if equipped).

• Pull the trim bezel off of the light assembly, if applicable.

• Remove the turn signal assembly retaining screws.

• Pull the assembly and gasket off of the front fender or valance.

• Inspect the assembly gasket for tearing or crumbling. If any such damage is evident, replace the old gasket with a new one upon installation.

• If the bulbs have not yet been removed, remove them at this time:

1. Grasp the bulb socket and twist it 1/4 turn counterclockwise. Pull the bulb and socket out of the light assembly.

• Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. During installation, make sure that the light bulb contacts are clean and free of corrosion.

• Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and bonus welcomed!