my automatic memory seat control not work on my 2003 envoy xlt ?

why does my automatic memory seat control not work on my 2003 envoy xlt ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
I can tell you from experience that this type of problem is nearly impossible to diagnose without having a gm tech 2 scan tool. There are two different control modules that could be at fault. This tool actually has the ability to check to see if the modules are doing as they should when you command the system to perform. This system communicate via a class 2 message. This type of message is not something you can check with a simple voltmeter. There are four main items that could be causing this. The drivers door module, the memory seat module, the memory seat switch itself, or the wiring to and from each component. If you have access to a gm tech 2 scan tool I can further assist you. Otherwise you are going to be just throwing parts at this problem. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Good luck!