Carhelp4u
Carhelp4u, ASE CERTIFIED TECH
Experience:  ASE CERTIFICATION
3903212

Corvette: bump..Airbag didnt deploy, lights..front bumper

Customer Question

Hard bump into guardrail with my 2005 C6 corvette. Airbag didn''t deploy, lights not damaged, but the front bumper panel is slightly askew. Can I get under there and "pop" it back into place?
Category: Car
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

Depending on the exact point of the fascia damage will determine what you will need to do to access the point of damage. If it is closer to the front corner, you may be able to gain access from the underneath through the front bumper valance #10 in the illustration. If the damage is closer to the side near the fender, it may be easier to remove the wheel, and the wheel liner to access the damage. Keep in mind that this front fascia uses an impact bar and a foam absorber that may block you from getting to the damaged part without totally removing the front fascia. here is the illustration. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Good luck!

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: LF

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to carhelp4uhere's Post: So, there is no type of shock absorber behind the fascia, just the impact bar with foam absorber? Is the item #7 in the drawing the impact bar?

Thanks
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 9 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, I did not see you posted back. The absorber is actually foam item #2 in this illustration. It is reinforced by a reinforcement bar diractly behind it.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: LF