Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.

Check the fluid level and make sure it is full and clean. If it looks clean but it is low, be sure to top it off. If the fluid has shiny flakes or is very dark and smells burnt; I hate to say it but it sounds like it is time for a rebuild or replacement. Typically once a Protege trans starts slipping the damage has already been done. I highly recommend bringing this to a professional transmission shop so they can check the pressures and operation of the valve body. From my experience working on these cars and owning several, the transmissions are very finicky.

However, I did purchase one for junk that the owner said the transmission was slipping. After I bought it I test drove it and found that it wasn't slipping... it just wasn't shifting into drive. A little testing and I found out the Air Flow Sensor was reading incorrectly so the car didn't "know" to shift into drive. I swapped the sensor with another car and it ran excellent. So please make sure it really is slipping or if it is just not slipping.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Mazda Ed's Post: das not wat i was looking for i would like my money back thank you though
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.

You did not accept, so your money is still in your account with JustAnswer.

What were you looking for?