Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Coupe: Hyundai..04 plate..a problem with its indicators..stays

My Hyundai Coupe/Tiburon(2.7, 04 plate)has developed a problem with its indicators. The right one stays on constantly, the left one works ok. I have been told it is the Body Control Module, I dont know if this is true or even where in the car it is, I do know it is extraordinarily expensive, any ideas welcome
Hi there!Turn the signals on to the right and take a walk around the car.Make sure all ofg the signal lights are working and are lit.Sometimes if you blow a bulb that side will not flash.Also check any grounds you can find and make sure they are clean and tight.Hope this helps!Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to carguy1's Post: Hi, Thanks for the answer. All the bulbs are OK, no problems with the earth contacts. Even the hazard warning lights only work on one side. However the alarm will still flash both sides once the fuse for the indicators is removed.
Any help welcome.Cheers.
Might be a faulty flasher.The wiring diagram makes it look like the flasher is in the body control module.However,if you can here the flasher making noise when the lights are flashing,you may be able to locate it under the dash and replace it.If there is no flasher then you probably are looking at the body control module.Sorry