Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.

mazda 626: going down the road..only cool morning

my mazda 626 is over heating when i stop if i am going down the road it is fine it has only done it twice to me once when i got off the highway to get food at a drive thru i turned the car off and let it cool down then got back on to the highway it did fine the next morning i was going to work and it started to get hot and that was city driving is it the fan or is it something else help
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer.

I would make sure the fans are coming on when the vehicle is hot. I would also think about replacing the thermostat in the vehicle. A thermostat that is sticking shut could cause overheating issues. The thermostat is the brain of the cooling system. It senses the temperature of the coolant and allows the fluid to exit from the engine to the radiator. This thermostat should be replaced every two years or what is recommended by the manufacturer.Other things that could cause overheating are low coolant, improper coolant mixture, clogged radiator, faulty water pump or a faulty radiator cap.

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!