RIP, Lead Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Smog - European, Domestic, & Asian -- Car Category Mentor

1997 sebring: lxi..tail lights and dash lights stopped working

Customer Question

1997 sebring lxi: tail lights and dash lights stopped working. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  RIP replied 8 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer.

Check fuse #4 in the underhood fuse box first, it may be blown; but typically the problem is the headlamp switch or even the tailamp relay. You can try replacing the relay first and see if that takes care of it.

Fuse #4

Tailamp Relay:

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RIP's Post: We found the problem before I could get back to the computer to see if there were any answers. The problem was in the ground wire between the switch and the fuse block under the hood. The relays and the fuses were all OK. We ran an new wire and all is OK. We were finished before I could check for answers again. Customer
Expert:  RIP replied 8 years ago.

No problem, sorry it took a couple hours to get back to you. Great job on the fix and hope we can help in the furture.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to RIP's Post: Thanks RIP. I have this site as a favorite, so if I need something again, I know where to start. Thanks again, Customer