Frank, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,25 with GM,14 ASE certifications,

GM: Tundra--Texas or any GM brand in another Country

Please tell me if buying a foreign named truck made in the USA is more profitable to America than buying a GM truck that is made in Mexico or abroad. Tundra--Texas or any GM brand in another Country.
Category: Car
Expert:  Frank replied 8 years ago.
Thats not a easy answer-but the simplest answer is to look at the percentage of components that are made in the USA that is on the vehicle lable-they all have them and you may get surprised.As far as being built in the US,you have to look and see what some on theese companies are actually paying the assembly works vs what a US manufacture is and then compare the vehicle price -(which is higher on the import)and also the support end or service end.Yout GM is going to get a lot more of a warranty-a better trained service department and if you visit the dealer for you maintanence ,most will bend over back ward to keep you as a customer as long as you as civil and have a valid problem.Many people still say that on the domestic the majority of money and the R&D stay in the US
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your answer, however I was hopful that someone had a study or could comment on the business side instead of the technical side. I would assume that your answer would be slanted toward the GM nameplate by the very nature of your job title. I wonder where I should go for an answer that would provide a dollar answer. Also, I appreciate your time.
Expert:  Frank replied 8 years ago.
There is not a economics catagory but you might want to try reentering it in the general question category.A no-I am not bias- just that Toyota pays their assembly workers 1/2 to 1/3 of what a domestic unionized employee made and that does not include the H&W fund- and the foreign cars are developed using off shore enginers to cut their cost.And that the domestic suppliers would rather sell to the imports.