JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

Safety switch..ign..hazard..the trans selector switch on the trans

key is stuck when you unplug the battery it will come out. also when you unplug the safety switch the plug with six wires on the ign switch side the key will come out,or if i pull the room fuse it will come out also,but if i pull the hazard fuse the key doesnt come out....already tried the trans selector switch on the trans.   thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

You have a feature on here called the Key Interlock Solenoid. Might be time to replace it. Also, there is a Resistor in between the 2. Check this as well. All the diagrams and testing procedures can be downloaded by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to recieve credit.)
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
IS THAT KEY INTER LOCK PART OF THE IGNITION SWITCH OR CAN YOU GET IT BY IT SELF
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
No. It is not part of the switch. It is a Solenoid underneath the Steering Column Cover. Remove the Steering Column Cover to reveal it.

___________________________
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO YOU HAVE A PART # XXXXX DEALER SAID IT COMES WITH THE SWITCH ASSEM. ITS THE ONE SOLENOID WITH TWO SCREWS HOLDING IT AND IS GOLD WITH A WHITE THING IN THE MIDDLE HAS A LITTLE POST IN IT AND GOES UP WHEN I TURN ON THE KEY
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Thats it. But I didn't think it was part of the assembly. Can you give me the last 8 digits of your VIN# XXXXX?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
20316190
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Does it have Tilt Steering?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES IT HAS TILT...   I HAVE CONTINUITY FROM THE INTERLOCK SOLENOID CONNECTOR AND HAVE THE CORRECT RESISTANCE FOR THE RESISTOR
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Ok.... I just got off the phone with a friend of mine at the Mazda Dealership here in town. This is what he said and I quote, "Its part of the Shifter Mechinism. I have seen this problem here recently, and to repair it, you have to replace the Entire Shift Assembly (# XXXXX) and the Key Switch Assembly (#LDY17627). To get to these, you have to break down the whole column. The parts have to be special ordered."

So...Thats where we stand.

___________________________
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WHAT IS THE SECOND PART# XXXXX COME UP ITS MISSING SOME NUMBERS THE DEALER SAID IS THAT THE IGNITION SWITCH ASSEM? DO YOU HAVE A BETTER PART #
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Yes... Thats the Ignition Switch Assembly. No..Thats the Only number I have. LC-Y-17629
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO YOU THINK I CAN PUT IN THE SHIFT ASSEM AND NOT THE SWITCH IT MIGHT WORK
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
That is my theory as well. Thats why is kinda of threw me off when he said the Key Switch had to be done also. Personally, I would start with just the Shifter Assembly.

___________________________