Kevin
Kevin, Master Auto Technician
Experience:  30 years auto repair business owner and operator still
4893403

2003 Infiniti G35: Sedan..traffic..reverse..that has no power steering

Customer Question

I have steering problems with my 2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan. When the car is stationary (for example when I''m stopped when coming out of a parking lot and wait to turn right or left onto the street to merge into traffic and also when I want to reverse park the car, it feels as though I''m driving a car that has no power steering. This only started recently. I checked the power steering fluid and topped it up, but that did not solve the problem. What could be the problem??
Category: Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 years ago.
More than likely it has low pump pressure (a bad pump) You could have a local Jiffy Lube change the steering oil and see if it helps, as i think they even have a machine to do this probably for $49 or something.To be 100% conclusive with this diagnosis one needs to attach a pressure guage set and measure the pump output pressure.