JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

98 f 150: crankshaft position sensor..4.2 v6..specifically where is it

Customer Question

how to replace crankshaft position sensor of 98 f 150 w/ 4.2 v6..specifically where is it. How hard
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 9 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

The Crankshaft Position Sensor is located on the lower front side of the engine as shown in the picture below. graphic
graphic
There is 1 10 mm bolt holding the sensor into place. Simply disconnect the battery, unplug the sensor connector, remove the bolt, and carefully remove the sensor. Be careful not the break the top plug part off the sensor, and it will make for harder removal of the actual sensor using needle nose pliers. Piece of cake.
I hope this help you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to recieve credit.)
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I thought i said code po 340 camshaft position sensor? Got info on crankshaft
Expert:  JHoop replied 9 years ago.
If you will be so kind as to take a look at your previous post, it clearly says " how to replace crankshaft position sensor of 98 f 150 w/ 4.2 v6..specifically where is it. How hard ".

If you will take another look at the diagram I already sent you, you will note #41 is the Camshaft Position Sensor. Is comes off in exactly the same manor. 1 10 mm bolt, and remove.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________