JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

Grand Voyager: drivers side..assembly..the door panel will lift

Customer Question

I am trying to replace a power window regulator on a 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager (drivers side), and have removed all visible screws and electrical connections from the door panel, but it still will not lift up and out. My question is this, Is there a need to remove the door pull/armrest assembly, and how, before the door panel will lift up and out to gain access to the regulator?
Submitted: 6 years ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Yes. You have to remove the screw from behind the door latch holding it to the door. I'm going to give it to you step by step.

1. Remove the plug and remove screw attaching door pull cup to inner door panel.
2. Remove screws attaching trim panel to door from below map pocket.
3. If equipped, remove window crank.
4. Remove screw holding door trim to door panel from behind inside latch release handle.
5. Disengage clips attaching door trim to door frame around perimeter of panel.
6. Lift trim panel upward to disengage flange from inner belt molding at top of door.
7. Tilt top of trim panel away from door to gain access to latch linkage.
graphic
8. Disengage clip attaching linkage rod to inside latch release handle (see pic).
9. Separate linkage rod from latch handle.
10. Disconnect the power door switch, courtesy lamp, and memory seat switch electrical connectors.
11. Remove front door trim panel from vehicle.

INSTALLATION

1. Hold top of trim panel away from door to gain access to latch linkage.
2. Place linkage rod in position on latch handle.
3. Engage clip to hold linkage rod to inside latch release handle.
4. Place front door trim panel in position on door.
5. Install trim panel into inner belt molding at top of door.
6. Install clips to attach door trim to door frame around perimeter of panel.
7. If equipped, install screw to attach door trim to door panel behind inside latch release handle.
8. If equipped, connect power switch into wire connector.
9. Place power accessary switch in position on door trim.
10. Connect wire connector into memory seat/mirror switch and install switch into trim panel.
11. Install screws to attach accessary switch panel to door trim.
12. Install screw cover into switch panel.
13. If equipped, install window crank.
14. If equipped, install screws to attach trim panel to door inside map pocket.
15. If equipped, install screw to attach door pull cup to inner door panel.
16. If equipped, install screws to attach door assist handle to inner door panel.
17. Connect wire connector into courtesy lamp.
18. Install lamp in door trim.

If you need help with the window motor, let me know. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to recieve credit.)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My vehicle has no plugs to remove door pull, has no map pocket,no window crank,no clips to hold panel, no courtesy lamp or memory seat switch, and door pull illustration is completely different.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I just want to make sure we are on the same vehicle.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This vehicle is not a truck, but a mini-van.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
In my book they only look at it 2 ways. Truck or Car. Van of any type = Truck
graphic
Have you lifted straight up on the door? Normally there are 2 clips along the window sill holding from under the top of the panel.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I have lifted up on the door panel. The front side of the panel moves maybe quarter inch or so, but the rear side of the panel won't move at all.      

Am also wondering why there was Chrysler and Dodge listed at the beginning and no Plymouth.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
OK...As stated in the directions I gave you, you just completed #6 and more less are done with #7 (which is tilting the panel outwards, so you can access the linkage arm.). Have you disconnected the Linkage from the Inside Latch as stated in #8 and 9?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry if I misled you, but I have lifted up on the door panel, but the panel will not lift to disengage flange from the door molding.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
Did you take the Handle out as stated back in #4?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I did. I have to go now but thank you for your time, but this did not resolve my problem.
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I'll put the question back up.Sorry I couldn't help you. Maybe the next expert can. Thanks, JHoop.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Here in Kansas City, it is cold, I have no garage or anyplace to work on my vehicle,therefore I have not had a chance to look further into my problem.

I did not accept any of the information that was offered because it did not help me and the diagram that was shown did not match my vehicle at all.

Why then does JustAnswer deduct the fee, when the advice was not accepted????