james, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Technician/Master ASE Certified Technician (expired) Licensed Aircraft Technician

1996 Grand Am SE: water rains the front drivers side floor

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Grand Am SE that has a water leak some where and I can't find it everytime it rains the front drivers side floor is soak. Where could the leak be at?
Category: Car
Expert:  james replied 8 years ago.
i would check the top pillar of the windshield . run a garden hose on it and get inside and pull the carpet back . a common failure is to run down the A pillar onto the drivers floorboard hope this helps if so please accept and thank you for using james
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is the top pillar the black plastic cowl that is under the windshield wipers? If so that is where I sealed the windshield is between it and the windshield. And it still leaks. I know that the 2001 models have a problem with leaks as well but in that model they leak water in the back seat passenger side which takes a $4.53 part to fix we have one of them as well. We just can't seem to find this leak.
Expert:  james replied 8 years ago.
the top of the A pillar is on the driver side where the pillar meet the roof james