glenn, auto electrician
Experience:  built ambulances/limousines/rebuilt motors/replaced brakes/installed electrical components

1995 mazda: oxygen sensor..I replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor

Customer Question

I have a 1995 mazda 1.5l with a multiple cylinder misfire code and oxygen sensor code. I check what cylinder were misfiring and it is 1 and 2. I replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. what are your thoughts. cylinder 3 and 4 plugs are black and 1 and 2 are covered in gas. I also replaced the maf sensor.
Category: Car
Expert:  glenn replied 8 years ago.
I would first look to make shure the firing order is correct
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The firing order is correct. I started the car and wanted to check to see if cylinder 1 and 2 had spark but werent firing because of a timing issue or too much fuel. Sure enough when I pulled the wires one at a time they were arching off the valve cover like crazy. I am stuck.
Expert:  glenn replied 8 years ago.

Well if you have spark and fuel the only other thing left is compression

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, it has been a little while. I am still stuck with this protege. I did a compression check and it is 165 on both cylinders 3 and 4. what others thoughts?
Expert:  glenn replied 8 years ago.
What is th compression on the other 2 ?