roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty

I got a Volvo S60 T, and the cd player will not work. I ...

Customer Question

I got a Volvo S60 T, and the cd player will not work. I insert the cd, and it would read it for a few seconds, and will display an "error message". sometimes I''d be able to skip tracks, and it will play. Other times, it wont. I''ve tried cd cleaners, and it wont read those either. I bought 3, and one of them actually played through, with no results. Error message still there. Any suggestions or solutions?
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,Most of the time when you get an error message the reader for the cd selection is faulty.Majority of the time head unit has to be pulled and repaired either through the factory or local radio repair.Since you have tried cleaners thats going to be next step.Alternative would go aftermarket with a pioneer or kenwood unit.They make kits for install.thanks for your question.Roger