roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora: the starter relay under the back seat clicking

I a 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora that will not start it will not even turn over. The battery is fully charged, we have replaced the starter relay under the backseat and it still will not start and will not even try to turn over. I hear the starter relay under the back seat clicking still. If anyone has any ideas please help!!
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Hello,first you need to see if you have twelve volts at the starter when the ignition key is in start positon.If it is you have a bad connection or bad starter.If you have voltage at starter but falls below ten volts while in start mode then battery has a weak cell.If you have twelve volts at starter and it maintains voltage then starter may be locked in flywheel or at the worst the engine is locked up.Thanks for the question.Roger
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The engine is not locked up and you cannot check the voltage on this starter because it is under the intake and if you take things off to get to it you will shoot fuel everywhere when you turn the key
Expert:  roger replied 9 years ago.
Yes i know.you follow the starter cable back to a junction box relay check there.Put volt meter on battery and when starting see if voltage drops or maintains over ten volts.