roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

2002 Infiniti G20: drove..dies..no warning light goes on..drives

2002 Infiniti G20 automatic. My wife drove the car for 11miles and car suddently dies, no warning light goes on. 5 minutes later car start again and drives. Two hours later, I drove the car for the same distance, make a right turn and car dies without any warning, no red light goes on. After that I start the car again, I put my foot on the accellerator, take foot off to get ready to change gear to drive car dies. 15-20 minutes later car star and drive like nothing happen. I took this opportunity to take the car to the mecanic who after 2 days cannot pin out the problem. Maybe the sensor? Will do a last computer diagnose today. By the way the car died one at the repair shop.
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,If car is at shop now have them check fuel pump pressure.It needs to be at least 40 psi at an idle.If it checks out ok it is possible bad crank sensor.It shows to be very systematic of weak fuel pump.hope that helps.thanks for your question.roger