Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.

1994 lexus es300: battery stalls and cuts

have 1994 lexus es300 had battery tested in good condition but car stalls and cuts off when heat radio and lights are on either one or all three
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer!

I would carefully inspect both battery cables to make sure they are tight and free of corrosion, I would follow the cables and make sure they are not rubbing anywhere. You might also want to have your alternator checked. There is a simple test you can do if you feel comfortable doing it, if not Auto Zone can check this at no charge.

Open the hood, and with the car engine off, loosen the negative battery cable so that it can be removed with little effort. With the battery cable still loosely attached to the terminal, crank the engine, then pull the battery cable completely free of the terminal. If the engine continues to run, the alternator is providing enough voltage to power the electric circuits that provide spark to the spark plugs, electric fuel pumps, etc. You can increase the demand on the alternator by turning on headlamps, heater blower fans, and other electrical accessories to determine the draw capability of your alternator. If the engine immediately dies when the cable is removed, the alternator is probably bad.This is what I would look at first.

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!