JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

my keyless entry has stopped working. I replaced the batt.

my keyless entry has stopped working. I replaced the batt. and it still will not respond
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Since you replaced the battery, and still nothing, the next step would be to re-program (reset/relearn) the Anti-Theft Alarm System. This problem your having is not uncommon. There are 2 ways to do this procedure. One is a manual relearn procedure and the other is by scan tool. If the manual procedure doesn't work, the you will have to have either a shop or the dealership hook it up to the scan tool and do it that way. Here is the manual procedure.

No Tools Required, Program All Transmitters

IMPORTANT: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.

The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds , the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Its fairly simple. But like I said before, if this don't work, then you will have to "take it in".
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Dont forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to recieve credit.)
Expert:  JHoop replied 6 years ago.
I also want to bring this to your attention. There was a recall on the keyless entry programmer. I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download them by clicking on the linke below.

Letter
Keyless1
Keyless2
Keyless3

You should contact your dealership right away if you haven't already done so. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner