Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division

I got a 1998 gmc pickup worktruck - v-8 fi.

Customer Question

i got a 1998 gmc pickup worktruck - v-8 fi. 60,000 mils    i drove it one hour it ran good- got 10 gal gas -   drove a few minuts to work and then shut of about two hour with the head lights on - got a jump start and the truck ran ruff barley idles and dies when i put it in gear
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 8 years ago.

Hello 55 Chevy,

Did this all come about after the headlights were left on?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i got gas and parked a few minuts later, but i left the lights on and had to get a jump start
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
did i get an answer yet , 30 minets passed 4 hours ago
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How much do i have to pay to get my money back , it has been 12 hours , with no answer to my car not running
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 8 years ago.
Hello 55 Chev,the other expert is off line,I will try to answer for him. If the truck was running well before the battery went dead,you may have simply lost the memory in the computer.It loses the idle ,and fuel mixture settings and has to be relearned. Try to keep it running in neutral and let it warm up,them try to keep it running ,driving with 2 feet,it usually takes at least 10 minutes of driving for the relearn to occur. If it doesn't clear up a scan tool will be needed to test the system.It can be a totally different problem that just happened and has nothing to due with the battery. Let me know what results you get,Jerry.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you , i will try to drive again again