Randall    (Cheeko)
Randall (Cheeko), Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mechanic
3075798

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Toyota?
-What model is your Toyota?
-How many miles are on your Toyota?
-What type of engine is in your Toyota?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
acura 3.5rl 1988. 7800 mls. CHANGE IDLE AIR CONTROLE VALVE SAME PROBLEM.CAR IDLE ROUGHT BELOW 1500 RPM WITH A SLITE MIST
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.

I am going to move your question out of the Toyota category and open it up to other experts .

I am not aware of any Acura 3.5 rl models if this is not corect please repost the correct model so an expert can help you.

Also you will NOT get a P0505 code in a 1988 acura

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ACURA 3.5 RL
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.
What Year???
Expert:  Marc replied 6 years ago.

I cannot answer your question with the info provided,

P0505 code is an OBD2 code your car must be at least a 1996 or newer for it to have this code NOT A 1988!!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THAT IS THE CODE PO5O5 1998 ACURA 3.5 RL
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SORRY IT IS A 1998 ACURA 3.5 RL
Expert:  Randall (Cheeko) replied 6 years ago.

Hi, here is the pinpoint test for the code to help find the root cause, thanks

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
COULD YOU GIVE ME A LOCATION OF THE SENSOR

Hi, here is a list of locations, thanks

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HOW DO I DO THE PCM RESET. THE WATER IS ABOUT 174. THE IDL CHANGE WHEN REPLACING THE IDLE AIR CONT.VALVE WIRE. IDLE SPEED IS ABOUT 1000 RPM WITH NO LOAD

Hi, below is the information, thanks

graphic

Turn the ignition switch OFF .
Remove the CLOCK RADIO (7.5 A) fuse from the under-hood fuse/relay box for 10 seconds.

NOTE: If the BACK UP RADIO (7.5 A) fuse is removed and the ignition switch ON (II), MIL will report on and PCM will store the DTC P0560.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
REMOVE THE COVER AND PLACE HAND WERE COVER WAS REMOVE FROM YOU COULD HEAR SOME SUCTION
O.k., then if you have no air in the cooling system, replace the thermal valve and do the pcm reset, then test drive to verify repair, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
HOW DO I REMOVE THE AIR. MY COOLANT WAS REAL LOW & I TAP IT UP LASTNIGHT

Hi, here is the information, thanks

graphic

Randall (Cheeko), Auto Mechanic
Experience: Auto Mechanic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
DO YOU RECOMEND THAT I CHANGE THE THERMAL VALVE
Hi, if you performed the flow chart test and it has led you to replace the valve which it sounds like it may have from the readings, then yes, then reset the pcm and drive and retest the system to verify the repair , thanks