Hog Rider
Hog Rider, Transmission Technician
Experience:  Transmission Rebulider of 19 year's . A.T.R.A. and A.T.S.G. Certifications of Completion of 9 year's

Brakes I put the car in parking at the stop lights..tune..spark plugs

My car runs fine on the higway, but when I stop at the lights and put my feet at the brake, it starts jerking or sputtering. The same thing happens if instead of pushing brakes I put the car in parking at the stop lights. The car already got a tune-up, spark plugs and cords were changed etc., but I still have the same problem. What would be the cause of this problem? I hope I will receive a reply soon since I have to make a decision soon.
Category: Car
Expert:  Hog Rider replied 8 years ago.

You need only have your car scanned for any and all codes and get them relayed to me as then we can elminate , and evaluate the source of failure.

It sounds as though a sensor failure has occured and has been overlooked.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What codes are you talking about, waht kind of sensor failure may have occurred? This looks like a starndard answer, and doesnot help me at all.
Expert:  Hog Rider replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-How many miles are on your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1998 Toyota Campry, 6 cyclinder, 178000 miles on it.

Spurk plugs and wires are changed. OIl change and tire roattion done.

Problem: When the car comes to a stop at the lghts it starts jering. AT high speed, the wheel starts shaking too.
Expert:  Hog Rider replied 8 years ago.

The reason I,v asked you to have your Toyota scanned is if you have already changed the spark plugs and wires and your car still jerking and sputtering any of the Numerous Engine Management sensors may have failed,

You see these sensors take readings of air flow, tempature,vacume ,Throttle position, EXT... to many sensors to mention ( in the area of 15) to relay Information back to your compoter so it may correct air /fuel mixtures , timing all the things your car need`s to run properly, so short of replacing these sensors needlessy , the scanner will guide you in the direction (and sometimes even pinpoint and tell you) what sensor has failed to create your problem. most common failed in your case would be;Fuel Injector`s , Mass Air flow sensor ,E.G.R. sensor, O/2 sensor`s camshaft sensor.