How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask "Super Dave" Forrest Your O...
"Super Dave" Forrest
"Super Dave" Forrest, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Car
Satisfied Customers: 39
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Advanced Engine Performance, Over 15 years experience.
Type Your Car Question Here...
"Super Dave" Forrest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

wagon: I,am looking at a 1999 h1 42,000 miles..turbo..highway..trucks

This answer was rated:

I,am looking at a 1999 H1 42,000 miles ,wagon ,turbo ,now it would be used as a city and highway truck. I would have to drive it 1400 plus miles back home.would this be wise , because i know nothing about this trucks.I presently have 2003 H2, and would like a H1 to . Can you give me some advice Thanks Tom

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you the best I can.

If I were in your situation I would understand the apprehension to drive a strange or new vehicle such a long distance...

I would find a local shop, any shop that does general repairs (tire dealer, independent, even a midas or monro) and schedule it for a check over/trip check. Most places do it for a very small fee or even for free. A lot of places will do one for free with an oil change (which wouldnt be a bad idea anyway for your travel) and check your fluids, etc...

Many states require vehicle sellers to allow for a third-party inspection before a sale even, so you may consider getting it checked over before the deal is closed.

"Super Dave" Forrest and 12 other Car Specialists are ready to help you

Related Car Questions