Ask "Super Dave" Forrest Your O...
"Super Dave" Forrest
"Super Dave" Forrest, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Advanced Engine Performance, Over 15 years experience.
7855682

wagon: I,am looking at a 1999 h1 42,000 miles..turbo..highway..trucks

I,am looking at a 1999 H1 42,000 miles ,wagon ,turbo ,now it would be used as a city and highway truck. I would have to drive it 1400 plus miles back home.would this be wise , because i know nothing about this trucks.I presently have 2003 H2, and would like a H1 to . Can you give me some advice Thanks Tom

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you the best I can.

If I were in your situation I would understand the apprehension to drive a strange or new vehicle such a long distance...

I would find a local shop, any shop that does general repairs (tire dealer, independent, even a midas or monro) and schedule it for a check over/trip check. Most places do it for a very small fee or even for free. A lot of places will do one for free with an oil change (which wouldnt be a bad idea anyway for your travel) and check your fluids, etc...

Many states require vehicle sellers to allow for a third-party inspection before a sale even, so you may consider getting it checked over before the deal is closed.