Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.

Regal: stops running..I have never replaced the fuel filter

Customer Question

My wife''s car just stops running while driving and then picks up again. It has happened to me once or twice also while driving her Regal. I have never replaced the fuel filter. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

Hi There!

Thanks for Choosing Just Answer!

The fuel filter would be a good start. I would also clean the throttle body real good and maybe try some fuel injector cleaner. I would also have the fuel pressure checked if you are still having issues. The fuel filter is located on the cross member just in front of the fuel tank. Below is a link that shows location

Thank You! Please hit ACCEPT for my efforts, Positive feedback and BONUS welcomed!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Since I did not get this answer until today, 2/6/2008 I went and took it in and the diagnosis from gmplus was correct. My gas filter was filthy and so were my fuel injectors.

Expert:  Robert replied 8 years ago.

I am glad things worked out, Thanks for the Feedback.