Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

93 eclipse gs: fire wall that can make your car shut..2.0 liter

is there arelay on the fire wall that can make your car shut off while running? i have a 93 eclipse gs 2.0 liter. it happened 2 times in the last 6months and 5 times this week.
What does it take to restart?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what do you mean what is this?
When the car shuts off while driving, what do you have to do to get it restarted? Does it start right back up? Does it have to sit for a while?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
usually i coast to a stop , turn the ignition to off and turn it back over and it runs fine. that happened 2 or 3 times within 6 months. this week it happened approx 5-6 times and this morning it wouldnt start, it cranks like it is turning over but it doesnt start
This condition usually occurs due to a bad crank sensor. Certainly the stalling while driving. I'm not sure about the no start this morning, but it may finally have failed all the way and that will keep it from starting. Can you see the tachometer wiggle when you are cranking it, or does it stay at zero?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: i am not sure, i am waiting for it to be towed to my house very soon from now, i will e-mail you back a soon as it gets here
Cool, let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: just to let you know you were correct about the bad crank sensor. i am happy about that but it is a $465 part thank you