Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

2002 buick lesabre: heated seat..the ??heating coil?? How do I get

My 2002 Buick Lasabre driver''s side heated seat does not work even though the switch has been replaced. If it is not the switch, it must be the ??heating coil?? How do I get to that part and test if it is working?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ted G. replied 9 years ago.
There is a small (white, I think) 2 wire connector under the seat with 14-16 gauge wires to it, disconnect it and check for continuity through the seat. There are 2 elements in series, it is most likely the bottom element that has failed. The seat cover has to be removed to access the elements.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: I forgot to mention that when it being "repaired" the tech moved the module under the passenger's side to the driver's side and the driver's side still did not heat.

Will this info change your response?
Expert:  Ted G. replied 9 years ago.
Yup, most likely an element.