Ati, Mechanic
Experience:  Motor Trade & Repair UK

2000 Honda Civic EX: SRS light..dashboard lights../lose power

I own a 2DR 2000 Honda Civic EX . lately the SRS light indicator comes on. when it does, all my lights inside & out (even my dashboard lights) start rapidly flashing and strangely enough, my car seems to tug/lose power. funny thing is that it doesn''t do it all the time, and when it doesn''t, all my lights are fine, the car doesn''t tug, and the SRS light indicator does not turn on. I thought SRS had to do w/the airbag in my car. why is this happening? and what can I do to fix it, or what should I check for to identify the problem? I''d take it to the Honda dealership, but honestly, I''m pretty low on cash flow these days and hoping you can help. thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ati replied 8 years ago.
Hello there

yes SRS is to do with your airbag. form the problems you stated it is to do with your electrics. there must be some short circuit. have it diagnised and checked by electriction.

i hope that answered your question. please get back if you require further assistance.