Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 years ago.
Hi Lee and welcome to just answer, Super tech here. I was wondering why you want to adjust the idle on your car. The RPMs are ultimately controlled by the PCM and there is not (supposed) to be an adjustment on it.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
when stopped at stop light in gear the rpms drop causeing oil light to come on rpms drop to 450to5oo if hold assellerator at650 every thing is fine   Customer
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 years ago.
Hi Lee, me again. That's what I would have thought. If there are no trouble codes at this time. What you want to do is, clean the throttle body real good. You can get an approved throttle body cleaner the is safe for the 02 sensors. That way, you can run the engine while spraying it into the intake. You will have to keep it running with the throttle but be sure to give it a few shots with the throttle closed so that it gets in all of the air passages. They will have directions on the can. It sounds like just a slow idle air control valve. Let me know how it does, thanks