MikeB85, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, I-Car Trained and Certified, Automotive Technology Degree

99 Buick LeSabre: stalls..coil pack..Replaced Mass Air-Flow Sensor.

Customer Question

99 Buick LeSabre stalls while driving. Replaced coil pack. Replaced Mass Air-Flow Sensor. Replaced Fuel Filter. Nothing has worked. It works fine for awhile then just cuts out while I''m driving. Usually starts right back up. Sometimes it starts right up and then quickly cuts out before I can give it some gas. Getting kinda dangerous now. I''d like to get to the bottom of this. Any advice?
Category: Car
Expert:  MikeB85 replied 8 years ago.
The first thing I would do is to make sure there are no DTC's stored. If the computer sees a fault with an electronic sensor or component, such as the crank sensor it will store a code. Make sure the fuel pressure is up to spec. This will eliminate anything with the fuel system like the fuel pump or pressure regulator. Something like a crank sensor being bad might cause this because the computer uses this to control fuel injection and ignition timing. Let me know how you make out with the codes and I can assist you further. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to MikeB85's Post: Will do my friend. I'll go first thing in the morning to check the codes.
Expert:  MikeB85 replied 8 years ago.

Ok. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks.