Ask "Super Dave" Forrest Your O...
"Super Dave" Forrest
"Super Dave" Forrest, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, ASE Advanced Engine Performance, Over 15 years experience.

Balance shaft belt timing alignment

balance shaft belt timing alignment
Category: Car
Expert:  "Super Dave" Forrest replied 8 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you the best I can with the information you provided.

The rear balance shaft should be locked in place with a 6x100mm bolt during the installation process with the other components at #1 TDC. The front shaft has alignment marks. I have provided illustrations for your convenience.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i dont think this is the right answer as the belt is in the front of the engine not the back as mentioned here,i need to know how the balance shaft timing belt is aligned
There are two balance shafts, one "front" and one "rear" Both have pulleys that are driven by a balance shaft belt. The alginment for these are in the illustration.