JHoop
JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

I have a 2004 KIA Sedona mini-van. The right front wheel ...

I have a 2004 KIA Sedona mini-van. The right front wheel bearing went bad. I've never worked on front wheel drive assemblies so I need with detailed procedures on how to remove and reinstall the hub assembly. I understand the old bearing needs to be pressed out and the new one pressed back in. I plan on taking the entire hub assembly of the car and take it to a shop that has a press (arbor press?). Again, I don't have any experience working on front wheel drives, so as much detail as possible on this procedure would be greatly appreciated. I'm on an urgent schedule to get this back on the road as this is the only van in our shuttle service that has wheelchair accessability, and we've already had to cancel service for several clients...
Category: Car
Expert:  JHoop replied 9 years ago.
Hello ransomed man, my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Here is the procedure from the Service Manual:
graphic
Once you get the lower half done, then take the 2 bolts holding the housing on. Here is a picture to use a reference:
graphic
Replacement:
graphic
I Hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop