Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

2002 gmc yukon denali: drivers side..fuses do i check..owners manual

my 2002 gmc yukon denali has 4 heated seats 3 out of 4 are working fine but the drivers side does not how do i fix it and what fuses do i check, i don't have an owners manual
Usually when the driver's seat fails it is due to a bad element, do you have heat on either the back or the bottom, or have you lost both?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: I've lost both back and bottom
Do the control lights come on for that seat when you turn it on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ted G.'s Post: Yes the light comes on when you push the button but nothing ever heats up. Is there something me or my husband can check without taking it to a dealer?
If you have a test light or a voltmeter you can find the plug under the seat for the heat elements (2 pins, usually a white connector) and make sure there is power there (pretty good chance there is) and if so, one or both of the elements has failed. This will require disassembling the seat to get to the elements and replace them as necessary.