CCTMSTR
CCTMSTR, GM Certified Master Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician.ASE Master. Advanced Level L1.NV.State G2 Emission Inspector

GMC Envoy key stuck in ignition due to no power in the ...

Customer Question

GMC Envoy key stuck in ignition due to no power in the vehicle but the battery and the alt have been tested and are in working order. ground wires are fastened to the proper position and are secure. any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 6 years ago.
The vehicle does start correct? you just can't remove the key from the ignition because it won't completly rotate, to the off position ? Is this correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
doesn't start with no power. the key will not completely rotate to the off position. but the car will not start and shows no signs of power or turning over. car has no pulse.
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 6 years ago.
There is a bulletin with the symptoms you have I will foward
Expert:  CCTMSTR replied 6 years ago.
Document ID#(NNN) NNN-NNNN
2005 GMC Truck Envoy - 2WD

Subject:IGN E Fuse Open At Times No Crank No Start - keywords bracket brake chafe circuit crank door fuse IGNE ignition no nocrank nostart open pedal plate sill start wire #PIT4035A - (07/26/2007)

Models:2004-2007 Buick Rainier
2002-2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Models
2002-2008 GMC Envoy Models
2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada
2005-2008 Saab 97x

This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIT4035.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:

Multiple electrical concerns and the vehicle may not crank or start. This may be the result of an open ING E fuse. There have been 3 areas of concerns were the ignition E fuse circuit 639 (Pink Wire) or Circuit 420 (Purple Wire) may chafe and cause the fuse to open.

1. Drivers side rear door under the sill plate
  2. Along the steering column from the ignition switch
  3. On the driver's side of the vehicle near the brake pedal bracket.

Recommendation/Instructions:

If the ignition E fuse is open, inspect the following 3 areas. Be sure to inspect these wires closely. Typical contact will be a small pin hole into the insulation of the wire.

1. Open the driver's side rear door. Remove the sill plate on the floor. Inspect for chafed harness were the sill plate retainers may have chafed the wire harness.
  2. Remove the steering column covers and knee bolster. Inspect the harness that runs along the steering column toward the C201 series connector (large connector at the base of the steering column).
  3. Remove the lower kick panel. Inspect the harness as it may contact the brake pedal support bracket.

Note: If any of the 3 situations located above are identified, it is recommended that the wire(s) are repaired and the harness is re-routed or protected to prevent future concerns.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.