wrench9124
wrench9124, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Certified, ASE Master Certified, 32 years exp, GM Hybrid Certified, GM Mark of Excellence
5720312

2007 Buick: Lucerne..rained..the trunk continues to be damp

Customer Question

I own a 2007 Buick Lucerne and noticed that the carpet in the trunk is wet. I thought since it had recently rained that I trunk could have gotten wet when I had it open. I then noticed that the backseat was damp as well and the trunk continues to be damp. Where could the water be coming from?
Category: Car
Expert:  wrench9124 replied 8 years ago.

Hello, the water is probably entering thru the rear trunk area. here is some info on this concern. i am sure your dealer can correct this concern under warranty. i hope this info was helpful!!

Subject:Water Leak Into trunk And Rear Floor Area -

Models:2007 Buick Lucerne

Water leak into the trunk or rear floor of the passenger compartment.

Remove the Rear Compartment Sill Trim Plate . Inspect for water entering the trunk through holes in the Body Rear End Panel (1). If water is entering the vehicle, remove the Rear Bumper Fascia . Remove any remnants of the Seal Patch (2) that covers this hole and replace it with p/n 15820928 or equivalent.

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: SH

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to wrench9124's Post: It's been back to the dealer once before for the same thing. I think the water was somehow getting into the spare tire area and splashing around making the carpet and backseat wet. Is there any way I can fix this temporaily until I get it to the dealer?
if it is leaking water where the service info states, probably not. there rear bumper cover has to be removed to gain acess to the rear plugs that are leaking. there is a updated plug that has to be replaced to repair the leak!!!