DCM, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs Mechanic

2000 Kia Sephia: sedan, 1.8 engine..low local..same problem)

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Kia Sephia, sedan, 1.8 engine, 5spd., my problem; my headlights all of a suden go out while driving, I can turn on the brights, and have them on, but if I turn the brights off, I sometimes will have the low beam back, and sometimes not, any sugestions? please help! (I went to my local autosalvage and and puchased a used three way switch, and replaced it with mine, but I still have the same problem).
Category: Car
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
its been 3 days and no one bothered to tell me to relist
Expert:  DCM replied 8 years ago.
Check the low beam relay first, if that unit is operational, move on to the head light connector, it could be loose or, maybe bad contact. And check the fuse box as well, and see if the fuse is stable and not moving in any way.

And by the way, you may want to check the head light switch and check steering wheel column, and check all the wirings and connector in there and see if you can find something unusual.

If you can not find any issue on my description above, most likely there is some strip wire that is some how getting short circuited with the head light wiring.