TheMasterTechSource, Senior Automotive Consultant
Experience:  ASE Master-37 YRS- Master Certified Tech and a Fixed Operations Specialist

95 Pontiac Bonneville ssei: 30 starts blowing cold air

I have a 95 Pontiac Bonneville ssei. The heater only works when the car is shut off, then started back up. It will blow heat for about 30 seconds, then the temp on the heater panel starts blinking, and the car starts blowing cold air.
Category: Car
Expert:  TheMasterTechSource replied 8 years ago.

This is most likely caused by the ATC control head assm--Please make sure the blower motor assm is functioning properly and also that it does not stop when it gets hot--if you know this is not the issue--you can get a used Automatic Temperature Control Head assm at the local salvage yard or call XXXXX XXXXX at(NNN) NNN-NNNNhe can ship one out to youWink

Please--If my Answer has helped in any way shape or form then, please click the green ACCEPT button, This is the only way I am paid for assisting you. A Bonus payment is always greatly appreciated also and a fine token of your appreciation as well... -- -Please leave positive feedback-- Now--so I may return the gesture and leave YOU Positive FEEDBACK in return!