Amedee
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2000 Cadillac Deville: mph..tires..axles..rotors..rpm

2000 Cadillac Deville has a constant wobble but worse at 67 mph balanced and rebalanced tires with road force, replaced axles , all four wheel bearing assemblies, and four rotors. The wobble is not rpm related. I have been told that I do not need tie rod ends.The whole car shakes.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Greetings! You might have a belt shift on one of your tires. I would rec to get them inspected very carefully.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
three sets of tires
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Is the wobble in the steering wheel, or in the seat?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
both
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the whole car vibrates and it doesn't seem to change if i steer left or right
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Is it only noticeable above 60 mph?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
mostly but i can feel it at lower speeds as well it gets worse between 60-67 then calms down above 70
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
I would rec to have the hubs and spindles checked for excessive run out. This is done with a dial indicator.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could it be in the suspension because i was thinking about new shocks and struts to see if it would help the car has 175,000 miles the car is front wheel drive it doesnt have spindles and i replaced the wheel bearing assemblies also i have had a four wheel alignment
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
I am talking about the part of the suspension in the front and rear that the rotor slides on. Regardless if it is front or rear wheel drive, it will have them on both front and rear of the vehicle. That is what should be checked for run out.

It very well could be shocks and or struts, However I don't think it is very likely. If it were, the vibration would come only right after a bump, not all the time. But, it would not be a bad idea to replace them anyway due to the mileage.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will go ahead and pay but I live in winston salem and would like to bring it to your shop so you can see first hand. would tomorrow morning be good i work in greensboro at old dominion and can come by tomorrow morning. what is your name and where is o'gormans located
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
HA! I would love to look at it! But I moved from Greensboro. Now in Wisconsin.

But I will still look at it if you make the trip Wink
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector