roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty

2001 Mazda Tribute: V6..gauge..air filter..vacuum leak

I own a 2001 Mazda Tribute, V6 and when the ambient temperature is 45 degrees farenheit or below, the car idles erratically until it reaches standard working temperature (middle of the heat gauge). I''ve tried dry gas, fuel injector cleaner, new IAC valve, new air filter, resetting the computer and having it relearn the correct idles (after changing the iAC valve).   I''ve even sprayed WD-40 into and around the vacuum lines in hopes of identifying a vacuum leak. Still no luck. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,It could possibly be the temp sensor located on the manifold.It reads temp and tells computer to run rich or lean depending on if its cold or warm outside.They will get to where it wont read correctly giving false input to the computer.Hope this helps.thanks for your question.roger