roger
roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty
6498115

1994 lincoln town car - signature: I put the car in reverse..cool down

on my 1994 lincoln towncar-signature series- I can't back up when I put the car in reverse. If I cool down the car-it works, sometimes. Does this mean the transmission is going out on it and if so, what is the going rate to replace a transmission?
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,check your transmission fluid level first.If it is full you might be able to do a service or flush to cure the problem.It may have something sticking in the valve body for reverse.Reverse needs more pressure to work than forward gears.Most transmission rebuild start at 1400.00 and up depending on where you live.Hope this helps.Thanks for your question.Roger
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Roger, what does a used transmission go for?
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Usually 300.00 and up.Again depending on where.I would shop around and that does not include labor for install so be sure you get a quote for everything.That way no hidden charges after they are done.