roger, small engines,muscle cars
Experience:  I have twenty three years experience in small engines,thirteen years in building muscle cars,twenty

mile..put gas..gas cap loose, does oil level low or vaccum pay a part

I purchased a 82 RR silver spur, just went on 350 mile run,
put gas in and now find as I am driving it keeps cutting off, I found the gas cap loose, does oil level low or vaccum pay a part here, maybe water in the gas?I am to far from a dealer. Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  roger replied 8 years ago.
Hello,I dont know much about rolls but it has the same princable as any vehicle.I dont think it would have a low oil shut down,vacuum really wouldnt have anything.I do think water could be the problem.You can change fuel filter which will trap alot of the water and use a can of sea foam in the fuel tank.That will help dissipate water and make it run.It can be found at any local parts store.All signs point to that since you filled up.Possibly a fuel pump problem as well.Hope that helps.Thanks for your question.Roger