Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!
5624692

1998 Saturn: good spark and fuel pressure..injectors..firing

Customer Question

I currently own a 1998 Saturn SC2. I am currently having a no start conditon. I have good spark and fuel pressure but injectors do not seem to be firing. The car has been sitting for a while and ran fine before this problem. The line pressure at the rail is within spec and the fuel pump can be heard running in the tank. If starting fluid is sprayed in to the cylinders the car will fire but not stay running. Any help would be great. Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

It sounds as if the antitheft system has shut down the fuel injectors. Check for injector pulses with a noid light.

Is there a theft or security light lit up on the dash? Does it come on steady or blink?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Mazda Ed's Post: I checked the pulse signal with a noid light. I also verified spark on all cylinders. All injectors are firing as well as all caoils. Still no start and the plugs are dry. Looks as though fuel is not getting to injectors. What would casue that?
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 8 years ago.

Ok...

You state you have good fuel pressure, what was the gauge measurement?

You verified spark on all cylinders.

You state you checked injector pulse with a noid light. Did all injectors flash the noid light? I highly doubt that all of the injectors would become instantaneously plugged so try doing the noid light test again.

Also, you did not answer my question about the security/theft light.