Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo: the antifreeze from the radiator..cyl

Customer Question

How do you drain the antifreeze from the radiator of a 6 cyl 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike V. replied 8 years ago.
Hi there!The petcock is in a poor location on these.I will usually disconnect the lower hose to get the antifreeze out.I know it's messy but with the location of the drain,even with a lift it's next to impossible to use!!Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
carguy1 - this is what I ultimately had to do, disconnect the lower hose and of course, out came the antifreeze with a vengance, my catch pan was not of the right diameter and much of the antifreeze was lost. And I looked like a person who didn't know 'nuthin! I'll be better prepared if needs be, the next time. Sorry for the wet antifreeze saturated $9.00.