vipertech763, auto technician
Experience:  ase certified technican. dodge, jeep and chyrsler gold certified. dodge viper certified

2008 jeep: 50 miles per hour there is a whisling noise coming..raining

I have a 2008 jeep, 4 door, unlimited, soft top. When a drive over 50 miles per hour there is a whisling noise coming from the top passenagers side. I don''t hear the noise when it is raining. Is this typical of a jeep soft top?
Category: Car
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 8 years ago.
Good evening. This concern you have is heard on every soft top jeep that I have driven. The noise can be heard on 2007 models as well. There is a related service bulletin that requires checking the upper top to windshield seal and possibly replacing it. I have performed this repair in the past with no effect. The ones I have noticed only had the noise on the passenger side as you mentioned. The noise can be varified on others as mentioned. At this time it is common for this vehicle. Jeep has no other service bulletins to help address this issue at this time. I would continue to check back from time to time with the dealer to see if anything changes. Let me know if you need more help or have more questions.